Artist in Residence Program
Left: Ren Wilkey, Right: Veronica Perez
For the Fall 2024 season, Merrymeeting will be hosting our second annual artist-in-residence program for Maine artists. Like last year, we will be supporting two residencies this Fall; one based out of Topsham/Bowdoinham and the other based out of the Bath/Wiscasset region. As our arts community has expanded over the last few years, we have recognized the need to support Maine artists in a more direct way. Maine artists and the local arts communities we serve are the backbone of our cultural footprint. The more we promote them, by developing opportunities to showcase their work, the stronger our communities will be for it.
Eligibility: Any visual artist living and working in Maine may apply. All types of studio practices are welcome. Current students in accredited post-secondary fine art programs are ineligible to apply.
AIR Artist Commitments:
- Artist Talk (one night) in the 1st week of residency
- Public Engagement Activity (one night) in the 2nd week of residency
- Culminating Project (solo show) in the 4th week of residency
- One-time donation of one piece from solo show to Merrymeeting
Merrymeeting Commitment to Artists:
- Artist Stipend: $1,000.00 (check issued week after solo show)
- Materials Stipend: Up to $250.00 (via reimbursement)
- Marketing Budget: $150.00 (used by Merrymeeting)
- Studio Space: Either in Topsham or Bath depending on residency location
FMI: Contact Jose Rodriguez Jr. at email@example.com
The AIR 2024 program is now open. Please register HERE first to receive details about the AIR 2024 application process and the application link. Thank you for your interest.