Are you 15 years of age or older and want your State of Maine permit to prepare for your driving exam? We offer driver education courses to help build strong, safe, and confident drivers. Students are awarded an instructional permit upon successful completion of the course with a grade of 80 percent or better. Full payment is required at the time of registration. Dates: Feb. 11, 13, 25, 27, March 3, 5, 10, 12, 17 and 19. NO CLASS FEB. 17-21, although individual driving time will be scheduled.
Parent or guardian must attend last half hour of first class. Please bring students birth certificate to first class.
IF the student requires medifirst classcation and/or has a medical condition please contact the office for an additional form.
Total hours of instruction is 40; 30 classroom and 10 driving.
Only employee discounts allowed, must call to register.
See agreement form below, student and parent (if under 18) must sign at first class:
An unexcused absence (no show) from the individually scheduled driving time requires an additional payment of $50 if that time is to be made up, to be paid to Merrymeeting Adult Education.
24-hour notice is required to change times.
1. All students must be at least 15 years of age by the time they start class.
2. All students must attend at least 30 hours of classroom instruction as prescribed by the Secretary of State.
3. If a student misses a class due to illness a fee of $75 per session will be assessed to make-up class.
4. If a student needs to withdraw to attend the next session of driver ed. a $75 re-enrollment fee will be assessed.
5. All students must drive behind the wheel for ten hours. Students who do not show up for their scheduled driving times will be charged $50 to make up this time with the instructor.
6. A parent or legal guardian must accompany the student during behind-the-wheel driving for one of his/her driving hours to be arranged by the instructor and parent.
7. Successful completion of the Driver’s Education Course will result when the student has passed each of the following requirements by at least 80%. A. Class participation involving projects, homework, presentations and other in class work covering the chapters of the textbook. B. Final exam covering the Maine State Law Book and driver education texts. C. A road test covering safe behind-the-wheel driving skills.
8. All grades will be kept and filed with the Student Record Sheets.
9. If you cannot start a course, notify us five business days prior to the first class and we will refund your fees less a $2.50 withdrawal fee.
10. A $50 an hour fee will be charged if extra driving time is requested. Payment must be made prior to the scheduled driving time.
11. It is requested that the child’s parent or guardian attend the last half hour of the first day of class.
Merrymeeting Adult Education believes that every student is entitled to respect, as an individual, from all other members of the school community. In support of this believe, Merrymeeting Adult Education recognizes the right of each student to learn and to participate in an environment free of intimidation, ridicule, and hostility, as provided under State and federal law and District policy. In support of this right, Merrymeeting Adult Education prohibits harassment or ridicule of students based upon race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, national origin, or handicap. All students should be advised that they may contact any employee of Merrymeeting Adult Education to report instances of harassment or ridicule. Students should also be advised of the importance of informing the harasser that his/her behavior is unacceptable. A staff member who is informed of an instance of possible harassment shall contact the Director of the school as quickly as possible. The Director shall notify the Superintendent and immediately undertake an investigation of the matter and take (interim) action as may be required.