This 10-week class will run on Wednesdays from 10 to 11:30 a.m., beginning Sept. 9, 2020 and ending on Nov. 11, 2020.
Click HERE to join your class on the Webex videoconferencing platform. Please feel free to join up to 30 minutes in advance to be sure you can connect.
IMPORTANT: You do not need to download Webex. Look for an option on your browser screen that says “join with your browser.” Click that 🙂
This helpful guide by Craig Freshley of Good Group Decisions was developed for Zoom. The information is universal enough for most videoconferencing platforms, and we share it because you may find it useful to read in advance of class.
- Pad of drawing paper – 9×12 or 11×14 (art brands)
- 4 graphite pencils (2H, Hb, 2B, 3 or 4B)
- 1 “Design Ebony” pencil
- 2 erasers – 1 white vinyl and 1 kneadable (gray)
- 1 drawing board 18×18 inches
- 1 roll of masking tape
- 1 portfolio
- 1 viewfinder (supplied by instructor – $10)
- Betty Edward’s “Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain”
Handouts & Homework
Demo 10: Ellipses 1: Freehand Drawing
Demo 9: Erasure Portrait
Demo 8: 3/4 Portrait
Demo 7: Demo of Faces
Class 6: Demo of Portraiture
Class 5: Demo of Sighting
Class 4: Starting a Thumbnail
Class 3: Viewfinder Demo
Class 2: Viewfinder and Negative Space
Class 1: Blind Contour
Share your work
1. Please give your files a name that identifies you as the artist.
2. Please put a date on the image and put it in the folder that corresponds with your class date.
3. Make sure the image is “medium, large, or full-sized” so it can be viewed in all it’s glory when Kathie shares her screen.