Are you 15 years of age or older and want your State of Maine permit to prepare for your driving exam? We offer driver education courses to help build strong, safe, and confident drivers. Students are awarded an instructional permit upon successful completion of the course with a grade of 80 percent or better.
Click HERE to register for an upcoming driver’s ed class.
Full payment of $465 is required at the time of registration. If a student withdraws from the course, $75 is withheld from the refund to cover program costs.
Total hours of instruction is 40; 30 classroom and 10 driving.
Please bring your birth certificate to the first class.
Driver’s Ed Rules & Expectations
1. All students must be at least 15 years of age by the time they start class.
2. All students must attend at least 30 hours of classroom instruction as prescribed by the Secretary of State.
3. If a student misses a class due to illness, a fee of $50 per session will be assessed to make-up class.
4. If a student needs to withdraw to attend the next session of driver’s ed a $75 re-enrollment fee will be assessed.
5. All students must drive behind the wheel for 10 hours. Students who do not show up for their scheduled driving times will be charged $50 to make up this time with the instructor.
6. A parent or legal guardian must accompany the student during behind-the-wheel driving for one of his/her driving hours.
7. Successful completion of the driver’s education course will result when the student has passed each of the following requirements by at least 80 percent.
A. Class participation involving projects, homework, presentations and other in class work covering the chapters of the textbook.
B. Final exam covering the Maine State Law Book and driver education textbooks.
C. A road test covering safe behind-the-wheel driving skills.
8. All grades will be kept and filed with the Student Record Sheets.
9. A $50 an hour fee will be charged if extra driving time is requested. Payment must be made prior to the scheduled driving time.
10. It is requested that the child’s parent or guardian attend a portion of the first class.