How to become an enrichment teacher at Merrymeeting
Merrymeeting publishes printed catalogs twice a year in fall and winter/spring. They are distributed to every address in Arrowsic, Bath, Bowdoin, Bowdoinham, Brunswick, Harpswell, Phippsburg, Topsham, Woolwich and Wiscasset.
Distribution dates vary, but in general, the fall catalog comes out around mid-August, and the winter/spring catalog in late December.
Merrymeeting produces an online-only PDF catalog for summer classes that run after July 4 through the end of August.
However, course proposals are accepted on a rolling basis. Feel free to pitch your class at any time.
If you have an idea for an enrichment course that you would like to teach, be sure to do some research in advance. Check out previous catalogs (available at the office), spend time reading course descriptions in the online registration system, ask friends and family what they think about your idea, and develop it as much as possible.
Then, follow these steps:
- Contact Raye Leonard, Merrymeeting’s CPP and project administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org to talk about your idea.
- Fill out and return a Merrymeeting Adult Ed teacher application.
- Decide on a name and format (online, in-person, hybrid) for your class, when to hold it, for how many weeks, and whether students need to pick up any materials or supplies in advance.
- Fill out a course proposal form.
- If your class is accepted, promote it!